1/14/2012

The life of a lunch lady

VJ7B38RE7N7J

Hi, my name is Kate. I am studying for my Master's degree in international marketing management. I am currently taking a course in e-commerce. Our first assignment requires us to create a blog and introduce ourselves to the world wide web and our classmates of course.  

I am rather familiar with blogs and have previously created one about my recent hip surgery. If you have a moment check out my blog. I haven't posted since July and I can't guarantee the grammar etc. is accurate since I was recovering with a lot of medication at the time. 

Any how, I created this short blog to tell you a bit about myself. I am in my early twenties and about three years out of college. Why am I going back again, just kidding. I work full time for a contract food service company called Compass Group. I am a food service director in K-12 schools. Yes, I manage school lunch. I would love to change the perception of school food from the 70's, you know the lunch ladies who slap mystery meat onto your child's tray. Well it's not that way anymore.
Chicken Caesar Salad Entree






Healthy Fruit Options

My job is enjoyable but my real passion is marketing. Hopefully after I receive my master's I will be able to advance with my current company in their marketing department. Enough about work.  

The adorable dog in the background is Maggie. Maggie is a purebred English yellow lab who is now eighteen months. She is very energetic as you would expect most puppies to be. A dog is definitely the best companion to have. Maggie enjoys the dog park. Check out this video of her chasing the geese in the field.







Outside of work I enjoy being creative with crafting and interior design. I have recently mastered the art of small spaces with my studio apartment. It is so small that it is not possible to get a full room image. Not exactly clean but you get the idea. 



If time and money weren't a factor I would be traveling the world. The only abroad experiences I have so far are Mexico and Greece. I spent a month studying in Greece and traveled from Athens to the Greek isles. Studying abroad was a great experience that I would recommend to anyone. 


I love music. I can listen to just about anything but right now I am into country. 




That's all for now ...  stay tuned for more ! 









11 comments:

  1. HI Kate! Nice to meet you. I love to travel as well. I have never been to Mexio or Greece though Greece is on my short list.

    I really like your blog. I expecially enjoy the feature to play music. How did you add that?

    Also, I really love the picture of your dog Maggie for the background. Have you considered making the blog message tranparent so you can se the image better?

    Your classmate,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea about making the background transparent! I am still trying to figure out the settings etc. on this site. I am used to using wordpress. This change also helped with commenters text being more visible. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate! Your blog is great, it really gives me a feel of who you are and seems like it really shows your personal style! And your puppy is adorable! I love the music feature you put in as well and also would like to know how to do it. Your job sounds so interesting and that chicken caesar salad looks professional and delicious! I wish school lunches were like they are now when I was in school and it is awesome that you are able to change it into a much better experience! I am excited to blog with you this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate,

    Whose this lovely puppy? He is so cute. I hope you are not mad at me for asking to change the background. I have the vision problem so it is hard for me to read the web site with multiple " stuff" on it. Actually I dont even read I run away))).
    Kate you share with us that you studied abroad. You must be speaking Greek now? I can assume you loved that country! You just cant love such history and culture!! And the FOOD!!!))) Every brick there is soaked by ancient times.
    Last summer( summer of 2011) I visited Turkey. So my next places to go are Greece and Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate,

    I love the tranquil feel and warmth your page gives to readers. Must be Maggie :)

    Hey, you don't look like any lunch lady I know and my daughter confirmed that too...

    The study abroad must have been quite an experience, I had wanted to backpack through Europe after college, but has yet to do so because of I got married instead. Now that I am no longer married, its back on my to-do list; however, this time I have company... (my 2 kids) its going to take some convincing to get teenagers to go to the store with you let alone travel...

    Well, I look forward to reading more about you...

    Ciao!
    Tinu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate,

    I was just about to suggest you to start adding to your left side any photos or gadgets. I like what you have done. Will share with us some of crafting and interior design pictures of your masterpieces or some pictures from Greece? That really be interesting.

    Alfia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Kate,

    It is nice meeting you! Thank you for your suggestion the other day. How is the weather like in Massachusetts? It is snowing a lot in New York. I have been to Cancun, Mexico last year as well. I really enjoyed it. I want to go to Greece some day! :)

    I find your blog very organized and well explained about yourself. Where in MA do you live? I think that you might want o add some gagdets on your right side.

    Looking forward to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post Kate. Nice Dog!! - too cute I tell you. You blog is certainly one that would make me want to come back to it over and over again - it's nice and rich without being overwhelmingly packed. Good job. As to you aspiration, I say go for it, why wait? See what marketing can offer you now and gain the experience in the interim, it can only serve to equip you better for after you graduate.

    Uchenna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate,

    I really like how you audi clip when i just opened your blog. Very creative. Your dog is extremely cute I wish i could have a god but unfortunately we cant have pets in my condo building and I feel like it would be huge commitment to take care of them but maybe in the future.
    one small suggestion i have is change the font color on your links: hip surgery and school lunch one . Otherwise everything looks great, love the background picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kate,

    Great job designing your blog. I really like your audio introduction! I also like how you change the background for your blog on hip surgery. It gives the blog a whole new look going from one page to the next, rather than having the same theme throughout the entire blog. Your blog is also easy to read and easy to navigate.

    I'm not sure what suggestion I could make for improvements. I think because you have so much information about you on your home page, you could separate some of it out and create more pages. But I'm not sure that would improve or take away from your current design. Cute puppy and good job!

    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kate - you've done a great job here! I've also taken your advice to heart on my blog, so I invite you to stop back over and see what you think. Good work! This has been fun.

    ReplyDelete